Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year-New Me! (6)

Today was a crazy day! I made a great lunch for myslef to bring to work, and I left it on the kitchen counter! Not so good- so I had a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad form McDonald's. It was good! I only used half of the Newman's dressing though...so I felt good about my decision to get that.

I had my 2 fruits, and I will have a vegetable with dinner. Today I am making cube steak, but with only a bit of flour, and olive oil to cook it in. No more vegetable oil- we sledom used it anyway.

Yesterday we made baked cod with an herb crust, and I boiled sweet potatoes and steamed brussels sprouts. Boy was that good! What a healthy meal!

Baking was quite an event yesterday. I made a WW recipe for scones (one of my favorite things to eat!) and they literally turned out like hockey pucks! They were terrible! I threw them away without letting my husband take a taste-they were that bad! I found another scone recipe in another WW cookbook- so maybe I will try that one-

Well, hopefully you had a good day today- trying to stick to my points!!
Off to the kitchen to make dinner then to the ice rink for son #2's hockey game! Lucky me!! :)

With that in mind-
Wish I had time for tea-
E-

No comments:

Post a Comment