Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year-New Me! (5)

Well today was my "official" weigh in after 1 week of eating healthier using the WW points plus system. I have lost 2 pounds! I feel good about this because this was the worst week of the month for me- all of you ladies out there who are peri-menopausal know what I'm talking about...I struggled a few times with wanting baked goods, or a piece of candy, or chips, but I held my own and snacked in a healthy manner. I had some WW 1 point cookies that I made (metioned in an earlier blog), and I had Skinny Pop popcorn that I had heard about at a WW meeting last summer-it's good! Low points! I also made myself eat 2 fruits a day. We bought some clementines, apples and bananas, so we were well stocked.

Speaking of well stocked-I really think that's the key to eating better-if it's there, you'll eat it. We had to get rid of a lot of extra candy and such from the holidays, so it was a little easier-plus, the WW or Eating Healthy recipes I've found in various cookbooks has helped, like Cook Yourself Thin, and WW cookbooks, and Eating Well magazine, and WW magazine! They all help with snack ideas and recipes.

Tonight we are making baked cod with baked sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts- notice all the "baked" items- rule #1- NO fried foods! LOL -Even though now and then a small amount won't hurt you- it's good to stay away from it if you can. I hope this week is as successful as last week was for you and me! I need to get more movement in this week- I guess that will be my goal for this week.
Leslie Sansone-watch out! LOL

With that in mind-
I think I'll fill my belly with Tea!
E-
(Have a great week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment