Wednesday, March 21, 2012

new me /new year-take 2

Well, here I am. I had to regroup and re-commit to my losing 10 pounds. I went to WW to weigh in-I am right back where I started...
I am tracking my points, giving up a few bad habits, and trying to add some good ones.
I am trying to eat the lesser meal at night, so that I won't sleep on a heavy stomach. I feel better too-especially if I go walking.
Today I was reminded of all things that I've forgotten while I am able to walk on this beautiful island of ours. I saw some water fowl; swans, geese, heron, and a little bird I'm not sure of-but it is an eye grabber! I saw boats out for early fishing, and I also saw people out and about doing their own walking and bike riding, and also yard work or home improvement work.
I am strengthened by the fact that I am not alone in this struggle to remain healthy for my "elder years" in the near future. I was greeted by many people who are around my age- late 40's, early 50's, 60's....who probably feel the exact same way I do. I need to shed that extra poundage from this winter of ours.
Fortunately we have been blessed with an early Spring-88 degrees in March in Michigan! Record breaker!
My hydrangea is beginning to sprout and so is the clematis out back near the fountain. I feel like an expectant mother when they begin to reappear in the warmth of the sun. They are truly my babies. :)
So, maybe there is a lesson to be learned by Mother Nature. Try. This is why I chose the graphic for this post. I need to try to be what I am most comfortable at-I want to be comfortable in my body-so I am going to TRY! I made the commitment (and saw myself in shorts!) and I am sticking to it!
My family may hate it, but it's for the better for them all to be involved in this.
My husband was so funny when he talked to me from out of town. He was telling me how the work area that he is at is set up so that he has to walk from one end of a convention center to the other to get his work done, so he is using the "travel" from one end to the other as exercise time. How convenient! I love it!
Well, I have some reading to do-
Sounds like a good time for tea-
Have a great week-
E-

1 comment:

  1. Rich lost about 15 pounds while in Brazil (I think that's where it was) on a project. He said he walked about 4 miles a day in between building sites!

    ReplyDelete