Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Days

I am sitting here after talking to my 17 year old about money-
Wow- how times have changed! I can't understand how a kid without a job can think that parents should just owe them money to have a social life. I don't mind helping out now and then, but I think it's getting a little out of hand!
I give to my kids all the time, it is my job to make sure they have whatever they need-but can it be pushed too far?
Baseball, hockey, football, dances, trips, gas, insurance, clothes, pictures, fundraisers, video games, birthday, holidays, and good grades...
The list goes on-
I wish it would end.
Knowing that one is graduating is exciting and scary-I don't know how he will do it without knowing the true value of hard work and money-
and how disciplined one has to be to educate yourself and spend money wisely.
I've had my share of money issues, still do! But these kids today who are so spoiled by their post baby boomer parents are in for a huge surprise!
This is one time I can honestly say that I am glad I am not a teenager again!

Time for some TEA!
E-

No comments:

Post a Comment