Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tea with a Friend


A lifelong friend took me to tea after school one day last week. It was a birthday gift! I was excited to go, since we would be going to a tea house I had never been to. It was a nice drive there, and the weather was pure FALL, my favorite season of the year.
As we pulled up, there was a huge teapot in the window advertising the establishment.
It was small, but overpouring with tea favors and essentials for a wonderful tea.
The owner served us, so we got to talk about the trials and tribulations of owning and running a tea shop. We all agreed that homemade items on the menu are the way to go! We have been to enough places to know that some tea houses don't always do that...
We enjoyed small tea sandwiches, soup, scones and delicious sweets.
The tea I chose was a loose tea with white chocolate and cherry flavors. It was delicious.
Being able to spend time with a friend like that is priceless. That sounds like the credit card commercial, but it is true! I had such a nice time talking about friends, family and our work. Having someone in your life who knows you better than you know yourself at times is a blessing. The reason I say this is because I had doubted our friendship at one time in the years gone by...but this tea made me realize that even though we had our differences, and needed time away for a while, she never forgot anything I deemed sacred. Nor I, her.
Time is definitely on our side. As women we have both gone through major life changes. We have been there for each other, and at times we haven't.
I believe friendship grows when one is left to ponder reasons why things happen, and what the significance is of having a friend there.
Now I'm not saying we talk 24/7, or call or talk every day-
I feel it is just great to know that she
is here - now.
Time for Tea!
E-

No comments:

Post a Comment