Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do you Love Your Job?

I walked into my classroom today and saw several desks-maybe 40, a large table, bookshelves- 6 now!

My desk in the corner by the window.

It is a mess...nothing is where it should be, but that is because our maintenance crew works so hard to get our school back in shape for the beginning of school.



I know that I love my job because this scene I just described actually makes me want to be there and create a learning space no kid wants to leave. I love creating an atmosphere that will hold the kids in it's arms and have a peaceful day.



Last year I ended up having my quiet lunch in my classroom turn into a small cafe! Kids would stand at my door with lunch tray in hand and say,"Can we eat in your room? We don't want to eat in the cafeteria, your room is like being at home." If that isn't the best compliment, I don't know what is!



I wish I could snap my fingers and make the room a little larger, since my class sizes are rising, but we will make do another year with what we have.



Books to level and notebooks to make-

With this list of things to do now-



Time for Tea!

E-

No comments:

Post a Comment