Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's That Time Again

 
This week I began another year of teaching. I am in my 26th year, but my 24th year in the school district that I hope to retire from in 7 years. I am a 7th grade ELA teacher, which just means I teach Grammar, Literacy (Reading) and Writing. My group of kids consists of around 160 students so far, but as the year unfolds, I usually gain another 10 or so. My students are of all races, sizes and religions. It is a regular melting pot! That's what makes my job so special and unique. I have been a little nervous with some of the politics that are happening with retirement, and wages, but I think we will pull through somehow. I had a great first week so far, and I can only hope it is the beginning of a good year!
I have crocheted 1 children's blanket for Project Linus so far. I am now working on a red cowel neck poncho for my son's fall baseball and hockey games. I still need to finish my tank top, but since I can't wear it until next Spring- I will work on it in the dead of Winter when I'm dreaming about the warmth of the sun. I will make one more children's blanket before I send them off to the hospitals, for Project Linus. I figure if I can make 2 at a time, that's a good start tot hem program.
I went to a health fair at work, and won a drawing for a free 30 day trial at Planet Fitness- I hope I can find the time to see what it is like.
Hubby and I are still with the WW points. We are getting more serious about it though, because we are not happy with our Summer results. I am weighing and measuring all of my food, and keeping up with my points and tracking them. Wish us luck!
Maybe this calls for some tea-
Have some with me!
E-

No comments:

Post a Comment