Saturday, September 29, 2012

I Love Fall

 
 
     The Fall season has hit Michigan with a slam of wonderful weather, beautiful skies, and the scent of burning leaves. Football games, Homecoming parades, fire in the pit, and coffee with Bailey's! This is my time of year. Hubby just cleaned up the shrubs and trees for the winter, and I am eager to decorate for the Halloween/Thanksgiving season.
With brick pavers in the entryway, and a nice cozy bench to greet people, it is easy to make the front of the house a welcoming home. The plan is to do it up with hay bales, pumpkins (orange and white if possible), mums and corn stalks with Fall ribbon.
I don't know what it is about Fall- but in Michigan it is a season to treasure. Most people love Spring because of all the new growth and bright colors afgter a drab Winter, but Fall does it for me. I love the hues of Fall-oranges, reds, browns and greens and yellows. When the sun hits these colors in the late afternoon, and the breeze wafts in the Fall air- there is nothing better.

Work is nothing but stress lately. I love teaching the kids-it is my passion, but there are so many changes with mandates that are making the teaching into nothing but assessment and data. I feel like the creativity that teachers once had, and could actually use, is all put to the side now. There is no time to languish the event when a student has an "ahaaa!" moment- or to praise and celebrate knew found ideas or beliefs in what kids get out of their education. It is a sad day for teachers, and, unfortunately, for retired or soon to be retiring teachers. Educators are so under appreciated in America- if anyone could have a truly good day in the shoes of an Educator- they would see that all of these beurocratic add-ons to our day is just a waste of time in the life of a growing student.

I'm glad it's Fall- it helps me to deal with the trials of my career, and bring me back to what's really important in the scheme of my life- my husband, my family, my friends, and loving this wonderful thing called Fall.

Go BLUE!!!

E-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment