Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Time for Tea Planning


 
This is a photo of my dining room table in the process of being set up for a family and friends tea. I love the fall colors here, and the menu included a wonderful fall stew with sweet potatoes and turkey sausage. I also offered maple scones and cinnimon cream and preserves.
 
I am in the process of planning a Valentine's Day Tea for my mom, sister and a few friends from my childhood. I am going with the pink and cream color scheme, and plan to make crocheted mug warmers with those colors, on a cream mug, as favors for each guest. I will be posting these favors as I make them so you can see how they turn out. I don't want this tea to be over the top, just simple, and sweet, like the day. So, I am consulting my trusty TEATIME magazines, and Southern Lady magazines for those simple but wonderful ideas for a few tea sandwiches and treats.(Please click on the link for a great site!)
 
I'm hoping to hear from any of you who view my blog, and wish to ask any questions, make any suggestions, or just chat about teas in general.
I will be sharing recipes soon for the Valentine's Day Tea that I am planning as soon as I get my menu together.
 
Have a great New Year! 2014!
E-


No comments:

Post a Comment