Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tea with Family and Friends

I had a wonderful tea at my home not too long ago with some wonderful friends and family members. I called it "The End of Fall" tea. It was a kick-off to my entrepreneurial efforts to begin The Sweet E and Tea catering business. I was pleased with the menu of sweet potato stew, maple glazed Canadian bacon on cheddar and thyme biscuits, chicken cranberry tea sandwiches, cream scones, maple walnut scones, cinnamon cream, and various curds. I also presented guests with a caramel apple trifle. Mom brought a spice and raisin bread to add to the table. Various teas were available per guest, as was a gift bag full of hand made acorn candies, and a sunflower favor. Each recipe was delicious as usual, and everyone went home with happy memories and a full stomach.
I gave out menus, price lists and business cards. I'm hoping that the word will spread through friends and family, and then eventually out and onward!
I have been planning this day for quite some time now and am pleased with the results.
If anyone has any tips on catering for small groups for tea, please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated-
Time for Tea-
E-

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun! I am talking to people about it, spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete