Thursday, July 12, 2012

So much to see!

This past weekend, my husband and I took my parents on a road trip to Door County, Wisconsin. It was a memorable experience-one that I will remember. We had no agenda, just drive from Michigan, through Indiana, Illinois (Chicago), and then into Wisconsin. We made it in 8 hours. We stayed in Sturgeon Bay, which became our "home base" for the stay. To drive to the tip of Door County peninsula, it only took an hour. We saw small towns with many art galleries, wineries, bakeries, and of course, ice cream shops. Cherry pie was on our must have list, so we finally got one on the last night. Dad loved it.
We also tasted many of the wines from throughout the county. We bought a few bottles of blackberry Merlot, and a chocolate cherry dessert wine. Mom and dad bought Riesling, and a white Merlot. I enjoyed seeing the art around Sturgeon Bay-as you can see, artists decorated several sturgeon around town, and displayed them all over. There was even one made into a school bus! Right up my alley!
It was a great trip-I recommend it to anyone who loves small shops, wine and walking. I forgot to mention the awesome yarn shop called "Spin" that I went to. I found some beautiful Italian yarn and brought it home! Now I just have to decide what to crochet it into!
Have a good week-
E-

No comments:

Post a Comment